Sunday, August 14, 2011

This and That and The Other

It's a bit strange not to 'have' to post everyday.

There are a few things I wanted to talk about: This and That and The Other.

This:
I've loved having so many comments! Do you ever go back and check posts you've commented on, to see if you've had a reply? I do. Obsessively. Some of you have written comments on my posts that I just had to reply to - feel free to see how VEHEMENTLY I disagree with you all! haha

That:
I find that I tend to judge movies differently to other people. In a nutshell, this is how I sum up whether or not I like them: "did I enjoy it?" 
Deep, I know ;)
Movies are something I watch when I relax. Because of this, I make a conscious to 'turn off' the critical side of my brain. I do enough thinking already with uni work! Also, I am the sort of person who actively looks for what I like about things, rather than what I don't like. It's become a bit of a habit, and now I don't realise how much I do it.

The Other:
NaNoWriMo.
I've done it once. I didn't reach 50K. More like 25K.
It's hard work.
It's exhausting.
It's full on.
I'm planning on doing it again this year, but trying to reach 50K this time!
Why?
Because it's creative.
It's challenging.
It's fun. 
It's rewarding.
If you're considering taking part, I really encourage you to give it a go.

4 comments:

  1. Yay NaNoWriMo! I'll be doing it again this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you!
    I thoroughly agree that you always look for the positive in everyone and everything! (I wish I had that habit!)
    It is great that you are trying again! I believe with every attempt you make in life, you become closer to a more complete 'you'!
    ~ Beka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also go back and check for replies to comments--never know what could turn into a conversation if you don't check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I'm pleased to award the Liebster Blog Award to you! Please do collect it :) http://bit.ly/ojIhzB

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!