Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tag! I'm It!

I’ve been Tagged! This get-to-know-you meme is going around the blogosphere, and now it is my turn. I was tagged by Lissa of Lissa Writes.

Do you think you’re hot? "Hot" is not the word I'd choose to use, but I think I'm pretty awesome, gorgeous and funny. Being told this by my hubby pretty much all the time helps!

Upload a picture or wallpaper that you’re using at the moment.


This dawn photo was taken a bit over a week ago while on school camp up at Hagley Farm Primary School in northern Tasmania. It was so cold!

When was the last time you ate chicken meat? On Tuesday: I had corn and chicken soup for first course at a progressive dinner.

The song(s) you listened to recently. I've been going through a bit of a Steven Curtis Chapman stage lately, particularly his albums Declaration and Abbey Road Sessions/The Walk. Out of these two albums, the song I'm enjoying most is:



What were you thinking as you were doing this? I need to go to the toilet.

Do you have nicknames? What are they? I guess Kathy is a nickname, as my full name is Katherine. My husband calls me Katherine Anne, baby girl, my beautiful girl. My pastor calls me Kath, as does my mother-in-law. I don't really like it. By one friend I get called Kathykoo.

Tag 8 blogging friends…
  1. Malcolm's Occasional Rant
  2. Mitch and Lulu
  3. Inkberryblue
  4. Jeka B Handmade
  5. GemmaJoy
  6. Meika's Little Treasures
  7. PepperKnit
  8. Tikki
Who’s listed as No. 1? Malcolm is a friend who married and moved to Poland (his wife's homeland). His blog, as the name indicates, is rather occasional, so when he does post it's extra exciting!

Say something about No. 5 GemmaJoy make things. I've bought a couple of brooches from her madeit shop (currently closed), and won another one through  giveaway.

How did you get to know No. 3? I got to know Inkberrybluethrough Ravelry, when we both made the same cardigan out of the same yarn. This lovely lady has been on a blog break since October, and I'm looking forward to posts from her again!

How about No. 4. I met Jeka B through a knitting night which my sister-in-law also goes to. She is so funny, and such a fast knitter! She's just moved house, and is destashing (getting rid off) some yarn, which means that my yarn stash is about to grow!

Leave a message for No. 6. Hi Meik! (For those not in the know, Meik is my sister-in-law.) This won't really go well on your Mum Fit blog, but with all the hard work you're doing you should be able to answer "yes" to the first question of this meme!

Leave a lovey dovey message for No. 2. I love and appreciate you so much! You are so funny and creative, and you make me laugh. Even if it is because you are so much like your daughter-who-can't-stop-moving-even-during-tests!

Do No. 7 and No. 8 have any similarities? I found both of these blogs through Ravelry, as they both have published knitting patterns. Tikki is a well known and respected Australian Knit Designer (Milo is perhaps her best known pattern, with over two and a half THOUSAND projects listed on Ravelry alone.) and she's actually made my Urban Shells scarf! PepperKnit is also a knit designer, but I actually found her through this crochet pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Your desktop background is SUCH a gorgeous gorgeous picture!! And given we in New York are due for a 100-degree-F day today (that's 38 C), I am supremely jealous of that chilly vista!

    Thanks for thinking of me! Glad you like the potholders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really lovely surprise to find my name here ~ it's been such a long time since I've blogged I feel like I'm really out of the loop. Thank you for thinking of me too! (I am planning on getting back to blogging soon but I've got lots of school paperwork to finish before I do.)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!