Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 04: A Book That Reminds Me of Home

A book that reminds me of home is Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott.

I have read this book so many times, I really love it. I first read it when I was fairly young, so it reminds me of home for a few reasons.



This book brings back memories of reading it while curled up in my bed.

The March girls (Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy) put on several plays, which reminds me of the family "acting" that I did with my sister and brothers. We used to act out things like Little Red Riding Hood, David and Goliath (as the oldest, and therefore tallest, I was always Goliath), and Godilocks and the Three Bears. We also acted out the whole of Pilgrim's Progress, which features prominently in Little Women, as those of you who have read it will know.

Mr. March was in the army, just like my dad was, though happily my father wasn't sent home injured or sick.

The March family didn't have much money, and that was okay. Growing up, we didn't have much either, but that was okay too.

Meg got married young, just like I did.

The March girls, and Jo especially, made a newspaper-type-thing, just like I used to do. I should share some pictures of them! They're cute!
If Jo was still alive, I'm sure she would have a blog, just like I do.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet, and so totally awesome. I've been meaning to read this book for so long.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!