Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Book Challenge: Days 8 - 11

I've fallen off the bandwagon a little in regard to the book challenge, so here is a short of catch up post on a few days where I don't have much to say about the book/s.
 
But first!!! Look at what I got for Easter, my own cute Peter Rabbit! So in love! And he loves being on my messy diningroom table.
 

Okay, the book challenge!
 
Day 08- An unpopular book you believe should be a Best-Seller
I don't actually have any book I can think of for this category. While I love several books that aren't popular, I don't necessarily think that they deserve to be best sellers. Also, as I tend to read classics, the books I read are generally well known anyway.
 
 
Day 09- A Book you’ve read more than once 
There are so many books that fit into this category! Heidi, Winnie the Pooh, Pollyanna, King Solomon's Mines, Jane Eyre (even though I don't really love it), Black Beauty, several Georgette Heyer books (including Regency Buck, Arabella, The Convienient Marriage, The Black Moth, The Corinthian, and so on forever after...), Little Women, several Famous Five books, What Katy Did, Swallows and Amazons, Atonement Child, Redeeming Love, Roses for Mama, The Calling of Emily Evans... well, you get the idea. I have my books that I love to read over and over. 
 
See the picture of the bookshelf below? I've read most of those books more than once, some several times, and a few of them not at all. And I've had the mug with the puppy on it since I was very young.


The above list is just novels, but there are also many picture books that I've read more than once (some which I only bought a year or two ago - I love them!). The Robot and the Bluebird is an especially sweet story.
 
 
Day 10- The first novel  you remember reading
I don't remember the first novel I read. The earliest memory of reading a novel which I can link to a year was reading half of Roald Dahl's Witches. It freaked me out. A lot. That was when I was in grade five, and I was 10 years old. Now that I've remembered that I'm also remembering that I read quite a few Paul Jennings books that year, at school without my mum's knowledge, as she would never have let me read them. I wasn't a completely innocent child! Even though that's the earliest memory I can put a year too, I wouldn't be surpised if I was reading novels even a year or two earlier. I have always loved to read!
 
 
Day 11- The Book that made you fall in love with reading
I've been around books since I was born, and I have books that I have loved for as long as I can remember. Reading was valued in our household, with mum often making a quick and easy dinner to she could get back to her book. When you see a love of reading modelled like that, and when you see how books are treasured, then it's almost impossible not to fall in love with reading.

However, if I had to narrow it down to a book/s (novels in particular), I think I'd have to say that it was Enid Blyton books, specifically Famous Five books, and Janette Oke's series Seasons of the Heart. Books by Bill Pete were also a massive, massive favourite (more about him on day 13... you'll just have to wait).
 

By the way, I do hope you aren't all terribly bored with these posts!

1 comment:

  1. Not bored at all! I've been waiting impatiently for more updates. I love to know your opinions!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!