Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thank You

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who left a comment on the last post, or wrote to me via Facebook or Ravelry. Your sympathy means a lot to me. I was crying when I wrote the post, and it's nice to know that it made others cry too - and I mean that in the nicest possible way! I know I haven't written back to you all individually. I was going to, and then wasn't sure if I could, so decided to do this post, which you can all see.

My husband and I are still adjusting to not having Dougal around the house. Yesterday there was a basketball in my kitchen (why, I don't know) and when I saw it out of the corner of my eye I'd think it was the cat. This morning when Julian left for work I nearly called out, "Don't forget to let the cat out!"

You will be happy to know that I have felt a lot better, and the events of the past week haven't been running through my mind as much. It's like I don't need to try to remember it now, because it's been recorded. For those who could only make it halfway through the post, let me assure you that the last few paragraphs aren't quite so miserable!

This is my first full day at home since Dougal left us (unless I go to knitting tonight... I can't decided whether or not to go) and I have started the process of doing a thorough cleaning of the whole house. Admittedly, it is only a one bedroom unit, so that isn't actually as much work as it might seem. 

Regular posting about cheery things will recommence soon! I have lots of things I've been making lately, and my beanie pattern has been tested and will be released soon. And I've done a few things off my 101 in 1001 list which I want to share with you all too.

Again, thank you.


1 comment:

  1. You should definitely go out knitting with friends. Having things to distract your mind will help you heal.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!