Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pasta with Tomato, Butter and Onion Sauce

This is such a delicious and simple recipe. It is really economical too. And it tastes like summer.

You need:
2x400g tins of whole peeled tomotoes
70g butter
1 onion, peeled and halved
Pasta (400 or 500grams) - I like spiral pasta for this sauce

Put the tomatoes, butter and onion halves in a medium saucepan. Simmer on low for 45 minutes, occassionally stirring and crushing the tomotoes against the sizes of the saucepan. Start cooking the pasta when the sauce has about 15 minutes left to cook. Once the sauce is cooked, remove the onion and mix the sauce into the drained pasta. Serve with cheese on top.

Picture: not really worth a picture... it tastes like summer, but it just looks boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!