Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grateful

I just read Erin's most recent post, and though I'm not going to join in with Curious Girl's month of gratitude, Erin's post made me think about all I have to be grateful for. Or, to put it another way, it made me think of some of the ways in which I have been blessed.

I have a wonderful husband who loves me and cares for me.

I live in a cute unit in a good location, with a great landlord.

We have lived here for four years, so our rent is well below what others pay due to prices rising drastically during the last couple of years.

I don't need to work, as my husband earns enough money to support both of us.

Even when my husband's job finishes on Christmas Eve (great timing), we will still have enough money to live on - one of the benefits of living in a welfare state.

I have a cute cat with LOADS of personality.


Now that I have finished university for the year, I am free to spend my holidays doing whatever I want. Like writing the first draft of a novel (yes, I have realised that I am slightly insane).

I have my own laptop (which I am typing on right now).

Though I don't need to, I can make enough jams and marmalades to last a year when fruit is cheap or even free.

There are many, many more things I am grateful for, even the opportunity I have to share what I think and do with you, most of you who I have never met.

It has made me think though... I have such an easy life, even when money is tight we've always had enough, and I have so much leisure time. It might be a good life, but is it a blessed life? It makes me think of the Beatitudes, where Jesus teaches huge crowds that those who are mourning, those who are merciful, pure in heart, those who are peacemakers are blessed. Not that those who have time to rest, that have all the food they need and all the stuff they need are blessed.

Just a thought. 

I am grateful that I can think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!