Friday, October 29, 2010

Passionfruit and The Sound of Music

I ate three passionfruit for breakfast. They were good. I ate breakfast at 12:30pm. I am a teeny bit naughty. Breakfast was really lunch.

That's all there was, there wasn't anymore. 

Oh gosh, now I want to watch Madeline

I was so excited when I found out that the narrator of Madeline was Christopher Plummer, who plays the captain in The Sound of Music

I love that movie, though I usually stop it right after the wedding scene, hopefully always just before the sound of the bell changes from wedding bells to Nazi bells.

When I was little I never realised what a nasty lady the Baroness was. I remember watching it again when I was 13 or so and being totally shocked at how manipulative she was. 

Only in the last year or so did I start to truly start to recognise how early in the movie the Nazi sub-plot (is that the right word?) starts. Like when the butler closes the door to surreptitiously ask Ralph if there is any news. Tut tut. (Though not as big a tut tut as filming part of it in Germany... the opening scene has never been the same since I found out that little bit of information.)

I'm not really sure how this post changed from being about breakfast/lunch to The Sound of Music, but there you have it.

By the way, The Sound of Music is one of my favourite films to study to, because I know it so well. Calamity Jane is another also fits into this category.

There, something about me that you didn't need to know and probably didn't even want to know. 

Please reciprocate ;)

2 comments:

  1. HA ha, my husband knows every word to every song in the sound of music, and sings them around the house in the voice of the old nun.
    Sub plots aside, it rocks ;)

    I didn't realise you were in tassie, should have recognised the resonance.

    xB

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sound of Music cast was on Oprah yesterday celebrating 45 years since the movie came out. It was a really good show! At the end, the real Maria Von Trapp's grand children (great grandchildren...I don't know...) sang. The tour the world and have AMAZING voices!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!