Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time for a Challenge

(Because four assignments due within one week clearly isn't challenging enough.)

I am the sort of person that needs a deadline so that I'll do things. That uni assignment? Yeah, it's not due for another three weeks, why start now? That scarf I'm making for my sister's birthday? I still have four months.

Unfortunately, this attitude has landed me in trouble several times. One Christmas, I was finishing of the presents in my sister-in-law's bedroom as other family members started arriving. That was also the year I bought my husband a salami for a present. Best present ever! There have been many times when it's the night before an assignment is due, and I'll be in tears, blubbering things like "it's so much harder than it's meant to be" and "I'm stuuuuuuuuck." It isn't a pretty sight.

All this to say, I'm going to try to get my blogger-butt into gear! Yes, my dear bloggees, I am going to participate in Blogtoberfest! 


I even get a cool button (this is also on my sidebar). If you click it, you will be taken back to the host site.

I have no idea what I'm going to actually talk about for 31 days in a row. I can predict uni stuff, interesting knitting and crochet stuff, and something about my Mum's birthday. Maybe some recipes, perhaps even a new crochet or knitting pattern! Once I get my camera back (I left it at my sister-in-laws) there will even be photos. I'll do my best to remember to share with you all about going to Cradle Mountain back in July too.

I'm starting to get excited!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Found you by way of Blogtoberfest. How cool - it hasn't quite started yet and I already found a new blog to read! :)

    I know the feeling of needing a deadline well. I don't think I ever started my uni work ahead of time and I very skilled at putting things off until the last possible moment. Ooops!

    Looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a fantastic idea! I'd love to read more of your blogs, Kath! But don't forget that assignment!
    I'm thinking of doing NaNoWriMo this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!