Monday, July 5, 2010

Queensland: The Overcast State


A couple of Saturdays ago I kissed my husband goodbye and jumped on a plane to the Gold Coast of Australia. I took with me hopes and dreams of sunshine, warmth and wearing my purple havianas (I love my purple havianas).
This sweet guy paid me and my hostess a visit and posed beautifully for ages.

 One huge difference between Tassie and Queensland were the types of plants people had in gardens - so many palm trees!

Out of the eight days I was there, it was sunny on three of them (the day I arrived, the next day and the day I left), overcast for the rest and even rainy once or twice. I wore my havianas once, and my Tasmanian clothes everyday. I was given a scarf as a gift (thank you!!!) while up there, and it suited the weather perfectly, as did hot coffee.

A Banana Tree! So cool!

I loved seeing these purple flowers everywhere. I have no idea what this tree is called though :(

I also took almost no photos - maybe about two dozen total. Perhaps three dozen if I include the ones that were wonky or fuzzy and therefore deleted immediately.


Brisbane! This photo (and the three following) are all pretty much all I saw of the capital as we whizzed through.


Why I took a photo of a Lexus dealership I don't know, but it proves I was in Brisbane (refer to tall rectangular sign). (And yes, I did take this photo, not scab it off the net!)

I've been back in Tassie for nearly 48 hours now, and the weather is lovely. Blue skies and barely any wind. Tasmania has such a bad rap, I think it must disguise itself so visitors do not realise just how gorgeous it is and decide to stay!

2 comments:

  1. I don't necessarily take pictures of car dealerships when I travel but I always try to hit the local grocery store, it makes me feel like I've been to a place. More. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing the excursion you had... I think the car dealership picture is possibly a secret desire for a Lexus. lol :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!