Friday, June 25, 2010

Yummy Yarn: Pacific Mist

Last Wednesday I got together with my sister in law and another friend to do some yarny stuff (I know I do not talk about it much, but I crochet nearly everyday - I love it!). The plan for the day: talk, feed babies (not me!), cuddle babies (I got to do that though!), knit, eat, crochet, dye boring yarns to make them pretty. 


I only had one teeny 50gram (100m) ball of cream yarn, bought for $2 at an Op Shop (charity shop). It was a good brand - Cleckheaton - and pure wool AND machine wash. Bargain! But a bit boring... I forgot to take a before photo so you will just have to believe me.


I was thinking about making it purple and pink, but when it came down to it, the teal was just too appealing, and it will be good to have some variety in my wardrobe. 


I used Landscape dyes, which are a professional, acid-based dye (they work very well) and kettle dyed it. This means that I put some water in a pot, put the yarn in, then poured the pre-mixed dye over. Some dye I poured straight into the pot, but most of it I poured onto the yarn itself. I used "Pacific" (teal) and "Mist" (grey). I love the result!

I think I have just enough to make this. (And here is the link for those of you not on Ravelry.)

1 comment:

  1. I love your crocheting! I am going to buy some knitting needles and some masculine wool and re-teach myself how to knit, to make my big man a scarf ready for winter. But I wish I could hang with you so you could teach me to crochet! It looks all so beautiful. Keep it up. And we love hearing about your crochet adventures.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!